NEW HORIZONS FOR IT-EDUCATION: THE SIGNING OF A COOPERATION AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CHI SOFTWARE COMPANY AND O.M.BEKETOV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF URBAN ECONOMY IN KHARKIV
On June 11, 2019, in the Megapolis Technology Transfer Center of O.M.Beketov National University of Urban Economy in Kharkiv there was a solemn signing of a cooperation agreement with CHI Software.
The signing was made by the Rector of the University, Doctor of Public Administration, Professor Vladimir Nikolaevich Babaev and CHI Software General Director Evgeny Zelmanovich Chernyak.
The agreement provides for:
- uniting efforts to ensure a new level of IT education and integration into the global information space;
- identification of trends in the development of IT education, building the interaction of the classical methodology of higher education and dual education;
- development and implementation of new educational programs at the level of bachelor and master training and business education;
- training specialists in the areas of software development and testing, 3D-modeling technologies, the creation of mixed and virtual reality applications, and business intelligence;
- ensuring the competitiveness of University graduates in the modern labor market.
The signing of the Agreement is an important stage in the development of IT specialties of the University: 122 - Computer Science, 126 - Information Systems and Technologies, 151 - Automation and computer-integrated technologies. It is assumed that in the educational process, students from the second year will participate in real IT-projects, this will allow to harmonize the learning process and adaptation of students in the professional sphere.
Long-term cooperation within the framework of the Agreement is also aimed at the creation of an innovation training center on the basis of the Department of Applied Mathematics and Information Technologies. Lecture and practical classes will be conducted by both teachers of the department and leading experts of CHI Software. IT tutors will develop students' devOps technical skills for interacting with Microsoft Azure, machine learning at Microsoft Azure using real-world data from urban utilities, Machine Learning and prepare a course program on programming the Raspberry Pi controllers and Android Sense. Students who know 3D modeling tools will participate in the development of applications using augmented, mixed and virtual reality technologies.
Upon completion of the internship, University students will become IT specialists and join the company team.CHI Software will also conduct courses for non-technical students in the following areas: business analytics, project management and testing..
Note: CHI Software — development center, founded in 2006 in Kharkov (Ukraine), with representatives in Kiev (Ukraine), Dnepr (Ukraine), Ramat Gan (Israel) and Los Angeles (California, USA). The company develops software in the field of web applications, cross-platform and native mobile applications, provides services for integration into cloud services, and also develops embedded applications. CHI Software provides outsourcing and outstaffing services to well-known clients and startups.